We recognize that siding isn’t as critical a component in the well-being of a house as your roof is, but picking the right contractor, with the needed experience is still very important especially as siding adds so much to the “curb appeal” of your home.
It’s our intention to meet with all our homeowners at the initial stages of the process. We understand that this is not always possible, but we do offer both evening and weekend appointments. This part of the project is handled exclusively by the owner, Dave Johnson.
Working with the homeowner we discuss the various options available including style, color and longevity, taking into account the budget and any special circumstances the home dictates.
Dave determines whether the existing siding can be repaired or whether replacement is required.
We offer three major categories of siding:
- Vinyl siding – the least expensive option. Although somewhat limited in colors, vinyl siding still has many different styles available.
- Fiber cement siding – although it hasn’t been around as long as some its competitors fiber cement siding is becoming very popular with our clients because of its wide range of colors and its low maintenance.
- Cedar shake siding – the most expensive option for siding is also the one with the longest lifespan. When maintained correctly cedar shake siding lasts for many years and has the added advantage of generally needing repair rather than complete replacement.
All siding replacement projects are covered by Sky Tech’s 10 year warranty on workmanship – this is in addition to any manufacturer’s warranty against defects.
Frequently asked questions about Siding
- The curb appeal – determining the look and choosing the best material for the job is the biggest factor concerning our clients we’ve found in 20+ years of siding projects. We’ll lead you through the process and help you with design ideas so that you’ll come up with the best solution for your situation.
- Cost – as with roofing the costs for siding are dependent on multiple factors – size of job, material selected, repair or replacement, etc. We’ll work with you to stay within your budget and ensure you end up with the most cost-effective siding solution.
Our Siding Partners
Sky Tech Construction is proud of both its workmanship and the products that come from our preferred supplier partners. We work only with the “best in the business” including:
Mastic Home Exteriors – Mastic vinyl siding features the beauty of freshly painted or stained wood and is available in either horizontal or vertical siding.
CertainTeed – CertainTeed has been in business since 1904 and sells a wide range of vinyl siding products, including their Cedar Impressions® line that replicates the look of cedar shakes without the expense and the added maintenance.
James Hardie – Hardie Plank fiber cement siding is becoming more and more popular with our clients. It’s available in a wide range of colors to suit every possible mood and has very low maintenance needs – just a wash down with water every 6-9 months is all it needs to keep in in great condition.